Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I just thought of something you all might like to know about! This will fall right in there with all the coupon clipping, money saving ideas! For those of you that like to plant flowers in the yard, did you know that Lowe's marks down their plants when they lose their blooms or don't get watered....sometimes they look pretty sad, but you would be amazed what a little water will do! Most of my yard this year has come from the mark down shelf...it is actually rather addicting! I bought petunias, rose moss, rose bushes, dahlias, gerber daisies and my latest greatest find....Azealeas!! They had them marked down to $1.00 per bush!! These were the 8.98 bushes!!! They have set on the shelf there and grown without any "TLC"....so some look kinda scraggly (is that a word), but after a little trim and some good soil to stretch their roots out in, they will be beautiful!! I have made a friend in that department, I gave her my cell number in case they had anything she thought I might want. She saw me looking at the azaleas the other day and they were just marked to half price...as I left, I told her that I would wait til they marked them again....she called to tell me they were down to 1.00!! I headed over there to find that she had picked out a buggy of the best ones for me! How sweet!! So I got seven nice size bushes for 7.00!! woo hoo!! One of my other great deals was those cool topiaries, the one I found was normally 59.00. I would never, never do that....but when it was marked to 9.00 I broke down! I already had a huge pot and he now sits on my front deck happy as can be! I could go on and on about this...as you can probably tell...but I won't, I think you get the idea!! Check out Lowe's and remember too, they carry a 1 year plant guarantee! You need your receipt so make a file, if the plant dies, they will replace it! This is only for perennials. Not sure about the "special deals" you probably just get your money back on those. Walmart also carries a 1 year guarantee!
Have fun!! but I warn you...it is addictive if you love gardening!!

2 comments:

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Yes, you've gotta love those 1 year guarantees =)

The Via Colony said...

Ohh, I love posts like this. Thanks=)